About Cedarbrook Sauna + Steam FAQs
We've been sweating the details for our customers since 1971, so you can simply enjoy your sauna!
We build with quality Western Red cedar and superior construction in a home sauna kit. Read more about Cedarbrook's company history. We also provide cedar lumber to the Seattle, Bellevue, Redmond, Everett and Woodinville area. We have two locations: our showroom in Woodinville, WA and our lumber mill in Cashmere, WA.
On the go? Cedarbrook's website is mobile-ready! We have a lite-weight mobile version of our sauna and steam products for your smart phone. Send your sauna or steamroom questions and quotes at our contact page.
But since you asked … a few shamless plugs:
- We have nearly 40 years of experience in the sauna industry.
[since we started our company, 1971 – not combined persons' experience]
- Saunas and steam is our only business, not a secondary business like a Pool or Spa Company.
- We double inspect all sauna lumber for high quality.
- We have quality, informative support both before and after the sale.
- We are a Scandinavian family-run business. Saunas are just in our blood.
- Cedarbrook's benches have commercial thick (2" nominal) bench tops that are bottom-screwed and back fastened with no exposed metal that could burn your skin.
- We cover the entire US for both residential and commercial sauna and steam applications. Want to do it yourself? We can help there too!
- Cedarbrook handles heaters from the World's two largest and oldest heater manufactures: Tylo from Sweden and Saunatec (Polar Heaters) from Finland.
- We stand by our word!
Sweating the Details Since 1971
John Lysaker Founder and Owner — John Lysaker Founder and Owner — Over 40 years ago a bored bank equipment salesman was tired of calling on bankers (sorry you bankers!) and he was sitting in his own sauna—in a sweat thinking about calling on banks the next day.
A light went on (and not the vapor lock light in his sauna) and John Lysaker (founder and owner) thought "I could sell the saunas I've always liked..." Saunas that were easy to install, so I set my mind to it. I started the DIY prefab modular sauna kits, and then the DIY precut home sauna kits. Built my first sauna for resale in 1971. View this page DIY Sauna Kit Guide page to understand the differences.
My mother growing up in Northern Minnesota said (after us brothers saunaed, rolled in the snow and jumped into a hole in the ice in the lake", and afterwards you always sleep like a baby". Making it even easier to research, my wife Betty was a Pan American flight attendant and I could fly to Finland (the home of saunas) for $10 (employee/spouse discount). John visited several factories brought home some heaters and placed an add in the local Little Nickel classified paper out of a home office and the rest is history. Read more in our About Cedarbrook Sauna + Steam page.
We Value Our Customer Service
The Cedarbrook Sauna + Steam guarantee: “If you’re not satisfied with any item or if it was damaged in shipping, return it to us and we will replace the item or refund the purchase price within 60 days.”
If you have additional questions regarding security at Cedarbrook Sauna + Steam, please call us toll-free at 1-800.426.3929.
We absolutely do build all our saunas!
Yes! And we have a physical showroom just northeast of Seattle where you'll find sauna and steam rooms and accessories on display. And our friendly staff ready to answer your questions on what we do best: building and designing sauna rooms and doors, selecting the sauna heater that best suits your needs and answering any other questions regarding sauna and steam rooms. Read more about our history
Moreover, we mill our own cedar and build our own sauna kits! And cedar benches, sauna doors, window, cedar fencing, raised garden beds, planter boxes, doghouses — you name it. If it can made from cedar, we'll make it or sell you the lumber.
We are sauna and steamroom specialists with alot to offer, so we put together this photo gallery and list of DIY How To Videos
See our Sauna Photo Gallery – We've installed alot of saunas and steamrooms (40 years worth!), so rather than present brochure-quality photos, we're showing you photos of saunas and steamrooms in real-world installations.
Also see our collection of DIY How to Videos – Finally, we know beginning any project can sometimes have hurdles. We've put together several DIY how-to videos, so you can watch step-by-step how to create your sauna or steamroom.
Cedarbrook has a sauna showroom and a mill
Feel free to use the greatest invention since the internet — the telephone! Call us anytime at 1.800.426.3929. Contact Us any time.
You can pick up cedar lumber at either location.
From Clicks to Bricks
Yes! We have a physical showroom just northeast of Seattle where you'll find sauna and steam rooms and accessories on display. And our friendly staff ready to answer your questions on what we do best: building and designing sauna rooms and doors, selecting the sauna heater that best suits your needs and answering any other questions regarding sauna and steam rooms. Read more about our history
Unlike Many of Our Competitors ...
Serving quality cedar lumber to the greater Seattle area and the nation for 40 plus years!
We build an assortment of sauna doors and accessories, garden containers and benches.
Besides building our own sauna kits! We also build cedar benches, sauna doors, windows, cedar fencing, raised garden beds, planter boxes, doghouses — you name it. If it can made from cedar, we'll make it or sell you the lumber.
We do not use other woods such as aspen, alder, mape, oak and fir — only western red cedar.
Yes, you can order will call, pick-up yourself and save on shipping
We tried offering this option during check out, but many customers during saw the low shipping cost of $0.00 — and quickly choose the "Will-Call / Pick-up Yourself" option even though they were in out of state or further, e.g. Nebraska.
So, after refunding a few orders, we had to come up with another way as per below.
You can order and pick-up yourself by doing the same basic steps as ordering online, that is:
- Add products to your cart as normal
- While checking out ON THE FIRST page, you can scroll down and you'll see "Request a Quote".
- So by requesting a quote, we'll have your contact information and products in your cart.
- After setting the shipping cost to zero and approving the quote, you'll get an notification email allowing you to pay zero shipping*.
* There are some products, e.g. sauna foil vapor barrier which require some handling charges as they must be cut to your dimensions.
Let us know if you have questions.
Thanks for your interest
We've tried to making finding information about our sauna and steam products super easy
On our website, you can:
Browse by Products Map (A-Z)
Browse by Category List
Advance Product Search with Categories and Products
Photo Gallery, and
Not finding a product, please feel free to use the greatest invention since the internet — the telephone!
Call us at 1.800.426.3929. Contact Us any time.
Cedarbrook Sauna + Steam is the better choice
We'd like to think so, but here's why!
- Our pricing: We offer a high value for a fair price. We do NOT charge any extra for custom changes.
- Our interior sizes are the true FULL dimensions, e.g. the inside of a 4'x6' modular sauna is the space you'll actually use and thusly, the exterior measures 8 more inches, in this case 4'8" x 6'8".
- We stand by our saunas with standard traditional use for its lifetime. It is not unusual for customers to call 20-30 years after the original purchase who need to replace a part or recondition their sauna interior. Truly a durable good!
- We are forthright about our manufacturing methods and our sauna construction — always 100% cedar throughout!
- We offer a Northwest cabin style sauna that thrills traditional sauna health enthusiasts.
- We answer the phone — the best invention since the internet.
- Last, we've actually been using our saunas since our inception — family-owned since 1970!
We thank you for your business!